Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What I've been reading

I re-read The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher recently. I don't know how many times I've read that book since a friend loaned a copy to me back in, what 1987/88? I stayed up all night to read it. And it has been sooo good each time. But, now, it had been several years since I re-read it.
So, a quote or two.
"There are snowdrops coming out in the garden, and spring is on the way. I shall see it. Watch the yearly miracle, and feel the sun grow warmer as the weeks slip by. And because I am alive, I shall watch it all happen and be part of that miracle."
"Living now, had become not simple existence that one took for granted, but a bonus, a gift, with every day that lay ahead an experience to be savored. Time did not last forever. I shall not waste a single moment, she promised herself. She had never felt so strong, so optimistic. As though she was young once more, starting out, and something marvellous was just about to happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment