Saturday, May 1, 2010

BF

That time came for my friend's beloved brother. He passed on into eternity. His life will reverberate for many years to come--through his beautiful wife and two daughters but also through his siblings. And beyond even that, he worked for the Helen Keller Foundation. He was brilliant at his job and many, many of the programs he set in place for the deaf/blind will go on making their lives better.
I want to post about my friend later. With pictures. But I have to say here, I have never known another family with such intelligence. There are 5 siblings and they are all overachievers. Amazing people. As a teenager, I always felt that they were so much smarter, I'm not even sure how to describe it. And they have each become adults who use their intelligence--no wasted lives.
The funeral service was moving. His family were gracious and kind in the midst of their sorrow. I will carry loving memories of my time with them all for the rest of my life. His faith was strong. He finished as much as he could for his family and his work. He comforted them. His life will give them strength in the days to come.

1 comment:

  1. A great testimony. Greatness in any earthly way is often a disaster of pride and self focus. When God's blessings are used for His glory, it is a wonderful thing to behold!

    ReplyDelete