Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sorrow

Our little congregation had three deaths. Three funerals, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Three lovely,
beloved ladies have gone to be with God. And left us shell-shocked. Our faith keeps us afloat. Our faith makes these losses bearable. I believe they will have eternal life with our Father. Their families are stunned, too soon to be grief-stricken, but that will come. The emptiness of the days ahead. Those times, innumerable, of wanting to SEE that beloved face, to HEAR that beloved voice.
I hope I can use this time of reality to see what is important. Not necessarily urgent. But important. What things do I need/want to do for those I love? And that includes God. Where am I wasting time that could be used for those? I cannot be all things to all people but God has put specific people in my life--my husband, my children, my brother are all in the house with me. There are others God has put in my life, on purpose. There is a definite limit to how many I can minister to, so I'm sure God knows that limit--but do I? And am doing the best for that limited few? Am I spreading myself too thin? Am I underestimating how many?
I thought there was more time. I didn't spend the time I wanted and now it is too late. MY loss, not theirs. But regrets.
Can I do better?

No comments:

Post a Comment